1. My husband was a GRE
at comfort to me when my son was ill.
2. I tried to comfort him after he was defeated by his opponent.
3. My house is not big, but it is comfortable.
4. The general commanded his men to attack the city.
5. The army is under the king's direct command.
6. Rabbits and foxes are common in Britain.
7. Does the common man oppose the ideas of political union between European countries?
8. I work in a small company.
9. His father asked him to avoid bad company.
10. Life is poetically compared to the morning dew.
11. The tourist complained that the room was too dirty.
12. They complained bitterly about the injustice of the system.
13. When will the work be complete?
14. I will complete this task soon.
15. How much money I earn is none of your concern.
16. These problems concern all of us.
17. Find out what the conditions of the contract are.
18. Weather conditions are good
19. My expenditure is conditioned by my income.
20. The boy was conditioned in English.
21. The reporter was accused of unprofessional conduct.
22. I think he conducted himself admirably, considering the difficult circumstances.
23. Copper conducts electricity better than iron does.
24. The police are connecting this incident with last week's terrorist bombing.
25. Has the phone been connected yet? 电话
26. These terminals are connected to our mainframe computer.
27. Your suggestion shall be carefully considered.
28. I consider it a GRE
at honor to be invited to dinner.
29. The beauty of Venice consists largely in the style of its ancient buildings.
30. The United Kingdom consists of GRE
at Britain and Northern Ireland.
31. The machinery requires constant maintenance.
32. This book contains all the information you need.
33. I like the style of his writing but I don't like the content.
34. He is quite content with his present fortune.
35. The fighting around the airport continued for a week before the enemy was defeated.
36. At that time the Romans controlled a vast empire.
37. The car went out of control and crashed.
38. Do you want your vegetables cooked or raw?
39. As it was a hot day she wore a cool dress.
40. Even when you argue, you should try to keep cool.
41. I copied out her notes into my notebook.
42. Would you copy this letter for me, please?
43. He asked his secretary to make a copy of the document.
44. He fell and hit his head on the corner of a box.
45. Your answer to the question is correct.
46. I corrected my watch by the time signal.
47. He saved his daughter from the fire but at the cost of his own life.
48. Your crime will cost you your life.
49. Cotton is more comfortable to wear than nylon.
50. I can't sing now, but I could when I was young.
51. Have the votes been counted yet?
52. Jane was counted among the GRE
atest dancers of the century.
53. After many years abroad, he wanted to return home to his country.
54. We are hoping to go for a day in the country if the weather's fine tomorrow.
55. They are a nice couple.
56. I'll be back in a couple of days.
57. I don't think I have the courage to tell him the bad news.
58. He showed remarkable courage when he faced the danger.
59. Events took their natural course.
60. Our course was straight to the north.
61. The court found him guilty.
62. The court of King Solomon was noted for its splendor.
63. The young man courted the young lady by bring her flowers every day.
64. He is a distant cousin of mine.
65. Do not try to cover a mistake.
66. This event will be covered live by TV.
67. We tried to find cover from the storm.
68. Do you know how to milk a cow?
69. Have some cream in your coffee.
70. He put some of the cream on his burn.
71. Some people believe that God created the world.
72. This decision creates a dangerous precedent.
73. Pandas are precious creatures.
74. He is a creature of habit.
75. The cat was creeping silently towards the mouse.
76. The plane crashed, killing all its passengers and crew.
77. We are a happy crew in our office.
78. The flood did a lot of damage to the crops.
79. We have had the biggest wheat crop ever this year.
80. The tomatoes have cropped well this year.
81. If you can't sign your name, make a cross instead.
82. We all have our crosses, I suppose.
83. Be careful when you cross the road.
84. He crossed me in everything.
85. A crowd gathered at the scene of the fire.
86. Many newspapers appeal to the crowd.
87. The room was crowded with guests.
88. We shouldn't be cruel to animals.
89. The death of their daughter was a cruel blow.
90. She cried with grief when she heard news of her friend's death.
91. Would you like a cup of tea?
92. When I left the hospital I was completely cured.
93. The only way to cure backache is to rest.
94. There is still no cure for the common cold.