76. I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into ________ when judging my examination.
77. Important people don’t often have much free time as their work ________ all their time.
A) takes away
B) takes over
C) takes up
D) takes in
78. When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon ________ it.
A) got off
B) got across
C) got away
D) got over
79. Many people complain of the rapid ________ of modern life.
80. American women were ________ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle.
81. I always ________ what I have said.
A) get to
B) hold to
C) lead to
D) see to
82. He was ________ of having asked such a silly question.
83. The last time we had a family reunion was ________ my brother’s wedding ceremony four years ago.
84. _______ the advances of science, the discomforts of old age will no doubt always be with us.
A) As for
85. I can’t understand how you ________ these unpleasant surroundings.
A) put out
B) put down
C) put up with
D) put forward
86. I am ________ of your stupid conversation.
87. They are building the dam in ________ with another firm.
88. To be sure, some insects can build complex societies ________ different types of individuals performing different tasks.
A) taken from
B) made of
C) composed of
D) developed from
89. The students will put off the outing until next week, ________ they won’t be so busy.
90. If you do not fasten your safety belt, your chances of being ________ will be GREater.