61. It was until last year hat he ________.
A.left his home town for a new start
B. came to realize the importance of learning English
C. worked as an English teacher at a middle school
D. set out to build a new house of his own
62. A telephone call ______ him hurrying to his home town .
63. ----- Did you have ______ difficulty talking to the foreigner ?
----- No. I only could not follow him when he spoke too fast .
64. The old lady has never ________ the house since she moved in.
A. been away
D. stayed at
65. ----- We're sure of winning the match.
----- _______. We'll meet our match.
A. Don't be so sure
B. So are we
C. It's out of question
D. I think so
66. I have no one ______ me , for I can deal with it all by myself .
B. to help
D. to have helped
67. I'd ________ them to stay at home the whole day.
68.He kept his head; otherwise the accident ______.
A. would happen
C. would have happened
69.――"Is she older than you?"
――"Yes she is older than _______two years"
B. I for
C. I am by
D. me by
70.He is _______a writer as a reporter.
C. not so much
D. not such