(Issued by the General Office of Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation on 2 July 2001.)
颁布日期：20010702 实施日期：20010702 颁布单位：对外贸易经济合作部办公厅
Commissions (Departments, Bureaux) of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of every province, autonomous region, municipality directly under the central government and municipality with independent development plans:
We hereby notify you on issues relevant to broadening the trading rights of foreign investment enterprises, in order to properly prepare for China's entry into the World Trade Organization, as follows:
1. Broadening the Export Business Rights of Production-type Foreign Investment Enterprises
Production-type foreign investment enterprises satisfying the conditions set forth below shall be permitted to engage in the export of purchased commodities not subject to quotas, licensing or monopolies and may participate in the bidding for export quotas for the products that they themselves produce:
(1) having annual exports of more than US$10 million;
(2) not having any record of violating laws and regulations on taxation, foreign exchange or imports and exports for two consecutive years before application; and
(3) having professional foreign trade personnel.
2. Broadening the Import Business Rights of Foreign-funded Investment Companies Whose Parent Companies Are Production-type Conglomerates
Such issues as the import of ancillary system integration products, and the import of products for trial sale, by foreign-funded investment companies shall be handled in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, Supplementary Provisions (2) (Order No. 1 of 2001 of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation).
3. Foreign-funded research and development centres shall be permitted to import and sell a small quantity of the high- and new-technology products of their parent companies in order to test the market for the products that they themselves have researched and developed.
(1) The products imported from a research and development centre's parent company shall be products for testing the market for the products of a research and development project currently being conducted by the centre.
(2) The quantity imported shall be consistent with the objective of market testing.
Foreign-funded production-type enterprises, foreign-funded investment companies and foreign-funded research and development centres wishing to engage in the aforementioned types of import and export business shall carry out the procedures for the modification of their scopes of business with their original examination and approval authorities.
The details of the afore-mentioned types of import and export business engaged in by foreign-funded production-type enterprises, foreign-funded investment companies and foreign-funded research and development centres shall be filed annually with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation for the record.