Fight the Fear...克服恐惧
If creating a vision is so simple, why don't more people do it? Brown-Volkman reveals, "People are lost and afraid now, and they're scared to say what they want because they're afraid of not getting it. When it comes to vision, sometimes people won't even say what they want unless they know they will get there or how to get there. But you have to create what you want first and then live into it. It's like a declaration. It takes courage -- and a bit of faith."
Ask Yourself... 问自己
Are you ready to build a vision for your desired professional destination? Begin by getting it down on paper. She advises, "I believe if you write down your vision and look at it on a daily basis, it's more likely it will happen. Either consciously or subconsciously, you'll take steps to make it a reality." Start with the following 10 questions. Adds the New York-based career expert, "Don't forget to allow yourself to dream a little bit; it's OK to do that!"
1. If anything were possible, what would I want to be different in my career? 如果一切皆为可能，你将希望事业生涯有何不同?
2. What type of job would I want? 你喜欢哪类工作?
3. What would I want to be responsible for? 你希望对什么负责?
4. What type of boss/coworkers/team would I want?你希望什么类型的老板/同事/团队?
5. What kind of hours would I want to work?你希望什么时间工作?
6. What type of company would I want work for?你希望为哪类公司工作?
7. What sort of culture would I want the company have?你希望企业拥有什么文化?
8. What city would I want to live in?你希望生活在哪座城市?
9. What salary would I want to earn? 你希望赚多少钱?
10. What would I want my approach to stress, my workload, and deadlines be? 你希望如何应对压力、工作量和工作截止时间?
Get in the Game... 置身于其中...
Once you have a vision, start acting on it. Brown-Volkman urges professionals, "Everybody needs a game to play. If you don't have a game, you get stuck in the day to day. The only way out is to say, 'This is what I want next.' You need momentum and action to move ahead this year!"