Century Company has a weekly meeting each Monday. Bi Hao is informed that he is to give a presentation about the new project he's working on at the meeting next week. Although he was an active student at campus, Bi is learning how to make an effective office presentation.
Giving an oral presentation in a foreign language is difficult. Concentrate too hard on the facts and you make language mistakes. But, concentrate too hard on your English and you get your facts wrong. Here we give you some basic survival tactics.
To be a good presenter, first of all, you need to prepare thoroughly. Check the following list of elements.
1. A well-structured talk 讲话内容结构严谨
2. Thorough subject knowledge 对主题有充分的了解
3. A smart and professional appearance 表现得智慧、专业
4. A good sense of humor 要有幽默感
5. good eye contact 注意和听众的眼神交流
6. An enthusiastic attitude 态度要热情
7. A strong voice 声音要有力
8. A creative use of visuals 使用图像和图表
9. Expressive body language 富于表现力的身体语言
10. Careful preparation准备要全面