Welcome to New York. I've always said, ''New York City is the real jungle.''
-It's tougher in New York than anyplace in the world.
-You're gonna find out what I mean.
-Okay, let's get started.
-I want to introduce somebody who's been with me for 25 years--George Ross. He's my executive vice president and senior council.
-On this side--This is Carolyn Kepcher.She is the chief operating officer of one of my companies.And Carolyn is a killer. There are many men buried in her wake.
-These two will be my eyes and ears...and will accompany you during your tasks.
-They're gonna help me make a decision...as to who ultimately is going to be working as the president of one of my companies,and then we'll see how you do.
-This isn't a game.This is a 13-week job interview.Out of 215,000 job applicants, you're the 16 people that I chose to go through 13 weeks of hell...to determine who's gonna work for me at the end.
- Now, some of you think that attending a top business school gives you an advantage.
- Others think that street smarts and hands-on experience are the best way to get ahead.
- Additionally, women have a tougher time in the workplace,or so they say.
- Let's find out.
1. let's get started. 我们开始吧.
2. I want to introduce sb. who's been with me for ... years. 介绍你们认识一个人,他跟了我...年.
3. bury in her wake 拜倒在她石榴裙下
4. These two will be my eyes and ears. 这两位是我的左右手.
5. street smarts 在大城市里比较不安全的街道上对付各种情况，甚至还可能在这种环境下发财的能力。
6. hands-on 亲身经验
7. Let's find out. 那我们来瞧瞧吧 面试官的开场白