Standard American English
Unit Five Asking the Way
81. Excuse me,where is the bathroom?
82. Excuse me,could you show me the way to the nearest post office?
83. Walk straight, turn right at the traffic light, and you’ll see the post office. You can’t miss it.
84. How long does it take to walk from here to the post office?
85. It is not far.only about 10 minutes walk.
86. Excuse me,how do i get to the train station?
87. It is very far from here .You’d better take a taxi or Bus No.24.
88. Where is the No.24 bus stop?
89. Walk two blocks and turn left. The No.24 bus stop is right in front of McDonald’s..
90. Excuse me,i am trying to go back to the holiday Inn,but i am lost. Could you please show me where i am on this map?
91. Excuese me,does this bus go downtown?
92. Is this the downtown bus?
93. Excuse me,could you please show me the way to the San Diego zoo?
94. Take Bus No.2,get off at General Hospital ,and then transfer to Bus No.13. That will take you to the zoo.
95. How do i get to the airport?
96. When do i get off 75 to go to Tampa International Airport?
97. Where are the administration offices?
98. They are in that brand new, tall building over there.
99. The school cafeteria is in the basement of that red building.
100. The computer center is on the first floor of the library.
Could You Tell Me the Way to the holiday Inn?
Ann: Excuse me,i am trying to go back to the holiday Inn,but i have lost my way. Could you show me where i am now on this map?
Bob: You are on Fifth Avenue. The holiday Inn is only 6 blocks from here.
Ann: How do i get there?
Bob: Bus 2 will take you there in a jiffy. You can catch a Bus 2 on the other side of the street .If you like , you can walk to the holiday Inn. It takes about 20 minutes. Just walk straight north on Fifth avenue.Do not worry. You can not miss it.
Ann: I got it. Thank you very much.
Bob: You are very welcome.
How do i get to Tampa International Airport?
Kim: Tom,i am going to Tampa International Airport to pick up Jane at 6:10 tonight.How do i get there?
Tom: At the end of my driveway,turn right and you are on Florida High way 98. Turn left at the first big intersection. Drive on until you see the sign to 75 South. Turn left and you will be going south on 75.An hour later,you will be in Tampa,. Drive through the downtown area,and then take the airport Exite. Ten minutes later,you will be at the airport.
Kim: Will the traffice be heavy on 75 aroud 4:30 in the afternoon?
Tom: Yes. That is during rush hour,so the traffic will be bad. You will see some traffice jams, for sure! You had better leave here about 4:00 . That way you will have plenty of time.
A New Student
Eve: Excuse me,i am a new student here. Could you tell me where the English Department is?
Mike: It is in that brand new, tall building over there. On the 9th floor.
Eve: Where is the school cafeteria?
Mike: It is the basement of that red building in front of the tower with big bells.
Eve: Where is the Computer Center?
Mike: The Computer Center is on the first floor of the library.
Eve: Where is the library?
Mike: The library is next to the Adminstration Building. The Adminstration Building is over there near the school’s main entrance. There are school maps for free in the lobby of the Admin.
Eve: Thank you. I will go get one.
Mike: Sure. Glad to be of service. By the way,my name is Mike Sullivan. You will see me aroud a lot. I am running for President of the Student Goverment.
Eve: Well, hi! My name is Eve Markowski. I am glad to meet you. With your friendly smile and helpful attitude. I am sure you will win.
Mike: Thanks you for the encouragement.
Eve: You are welcome. I’d better go. goodbye.
Mike: Have a good day. Bye-Bye!