1. Tom says his mother uses him as the whipping boy at home. She's an alcoholic and whenever his dad gets mad at her for getting drunk, she turns all her anger at him onto her son.
2. I hate the way the boss cracks the whip at us. Just now he said: "From now on you have to submit a written slip to me before you take more than an hour off. Without this, I'll regard you as AWOL."
。他刚才说：“从现在开始，请假一小时以上的人事先都得给我写假条，不然我就作擅离职守(Absent Without Official Leave)处理。”
3. Will you make sure all the speakers are given a fair crack of the whip in the debate?
4. Everybody says Tony is smart as a whip. He knows exactly what he can expect from the bureaucracy and how to get what he wants without the usual delay or trouble.
5. Old Mr. Lee put his son and daughter to work in the factory he owned but he never let them have any responsibility because he wanted to hold the whip hand over them as long as he lived.
6. We had a whip-round for Annie's leaving present.
7. With a lot of training, we might be able to whip the team into shape in time for next year's games.
8. If you haven't heard about the Internet, you belong to the buggy-whip age.