1. be in tears 含泪，泪流满面
Most of us were in tears by the time he'd finished his story.
2. have tears in one's eyes 眼里含着泪水
Jane turned to me with tears in her eyes, and Begged me to help her.
3. burst into tears 放声大哭，突然哭起来
Laura burst into tears and ran out of the room.
4. tears roll/run down one's cheeks 泪水顺着脸颊淌下来
He stood silently, tears rolling down his cheeks, while the music played.
5. fight back tears 抑制住泪水
Bill fought back his tears and tried to comfort Sarah’s mother.
6. bring tears to somebody's eyes (因伤感而)流泪
The old song always brought tears to my eyes.
7. be close to tears/be on the verge of tears快要哭了
Her hands were shaking. She was on the verge of tears but Paul didn’t realize that.