1. When a young child answered, I knew I had the wrong number.
2. Working on the principle that there's safety in numbers, we decided we should all go and complain together.
3. Inflation has been public enemy number onefor this government.
4. Todd numbered himself withthe top athletes at the school.
5. Please number offby tens.
6. This car came hurtling towards me and I thought my number was up.
7. You gotta look after number one, right?
8. Please tell me in round numberswhat it'll cost.
9. I'm not worried about Taylor. I've got his numberand I know what to expect.
10. The man who came to fix my roof certainly did a number onme. He said he'd do the work for 1,500 dollars but when he finished，he charged me more than 3,000!
11. She may not look like a number cruncherbut she's with a big firm of accountants.
12. Our printer has broken down quite frequently in the past months. its days are probably numbered.
13. A friend let me drive his sports car and now I know why it's such a hot number. It gets up to 60 before you know it and it looks like an airplane ready to take off.
14. Though it is just a back numer, it is very important to me.